SUMMERVILLE, S.C. (March 29, 2022) – Five representatives from Dorchester County completed the 2021 session of the South Carolina Economic Development Institute.
The Institute, hosted by the South Carolina Economic Developers’ Association (SCEDA), offers four two-day sessions in various cities and towns across the state. Each session highlights a different aspect of economic development and gives participants a chance to put their new knowledge into practice.
The 2021 Institute participants representing Dorchester County were:
- Lauren Bailey, Southern First Bank/Dorchester Economic Development Corporation Board Member
- Eddie Crosby, Dorchester County Council
- Todd Friddle, Dorchester County Council
- Brooks Hearn, Dorchester County Economic Development
- Brad Mallett, Coastal Coffee Roasters/Dorchester Economic Development Corporation Board Member
“Having educated elected officials and volunteer board members is extremely important to our mission,” said John Truluck, Director of Economic Development for Dorchester County.” I commend these leaders for taking time away from their full-time jobs and families to attend, and I commend SCEDA for taking on state-wide leadership in economic development by conducting this training.”