Dorchester County residents interested in earning the necessary certification for a career in manufacturing are invited to apply for the upcoming Fall 2021 sessions of ManuFirst SC:
- October 4-November 2, (9 a.m. – 1 p.m.; Monday – Thursday)
- October 4-November 2, (6 – 10 p.m.; Monday – Thursday)
Location: Dorchester County Adult Education Center, 1325 Boonehill Road, Summerville, SC 29483
The five major training areas covered include:
- OSHA 10
- Manufacturing Safety
- Quality Awareness
- Production and Processes
- Maintenance Awareness
Upon successful course completion, students receive:
- ManuFirst SC Certificate
- OSHA 10 Card
- MSSC Safety Certification
- LEAN Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification
To apply for ManuFirst SC and scholarship funding, follow these steps:
- Go to https://www.tridenttech.edu/ce/funding/workforce-pathways-scholarship.htm
- Read all information on the page and fill out the application.
- When you get to “Desired Training Program” click on the drop-down and select ManuFirst-Day or ManuFirst Evening.
- Once your application is submitted, you will be contacted by the Program Director that manages the program to provide specific class information.